Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kentucky Derby and Rainbows...

Last Saturday I was really sad after watching my favorite for the Kentucky Derby run her heart out with a brave second place finish to a truly exceptional colt only to break down after the finish and have to be euthanized. It is a sad aspect of the sport and I really hope that they continue to work to make racing safer.
An hour or so after the race I went outside and this is what I saw...





There was actually a complete arc over the barn from the pasture to the hay field. I couldn't get back far enough to get a picture with the entire rainbow.




Of course the colours never turn up as well on camera as to the naked eye. Here you can just see the shadow of the second rainbow to the left of the main one.


Somehow a view like that puts things into perspective...to quote my friend Bill "life is good".

1 comment:

Bill Stearman said...

Life IS good Sara! ... especially with all of those lambs ... that beautiful farm ... and that wonderful family ... :-)

May your life continue to have rainbows whenever you need them.